Offering elegant accommodation in a tranquil setting, expect revitalising holidays, intimate destination weddings, tech-savvy conferencing and events.
- Badderam will be Queenland’s first zero waste eco resort – using a locally built OSCAR to compost 50% of waste.
- Badderam suites will not contain waste bins for guests
- Badderam will be built to ECO & ROC certification standards
- Badderam will achieve a 6 Star ‘Green Star’ building rating
- Badderam has photo-voltaic roofs for generation of solar energy.
- Badderam has a target to be “off the grid” – within 5 years of opening
- Badderam’s built form contains power walls for storage of solar energy – Emergency Power Supply
- 100% of the sites mapped remnant vegetation is retained
- Additional deep planting takes place across the site en masse
- 26% more vegetation will be on the site post construction, than what currently exists.
- Badderam will build over 5000m² of green roofs and green walls – creating additional habitat for our flora & fauna systems.
- Electric vehicles will be used for transport within the resort and offered to guests for complimentary usage during their stay
- Integrated electric vehicle charging points will be made publically available
- Rainwater harvesting tanks will conserve and recycle water
- Roads will be constructed from permeable pavements
- Buildings are setback from existing waterways – protecting the sites flora and fauna pathways
- A spring fed dam on the site provides an excellent and sustainable water source
Natural & Environmental features
- Food foraging gardens
- Bee Hives
- Landscaped gardens, open relaxation areas and lawns
- Outdoor fire pits and stargazing lounges
- Boardwalks, bridge and water features
- Waterfall with rope bridge crossing
- GFA for up to 111 large Eco-Luxe short-term accommodation suites plus surrounding strata title opportunities to include approx 50 more suites.
- GFA for up to three restaurants, with individual culinary styles
- Piano, Whiskey and Fireside Lounges
- GFA for a wellness day spa with up to 10 treatment rooms, gym, yoga studio, sauna/steam room, hair and beauty studio and relaxation room
- Heated resort style pools and hot tubs
- Wine tasting decks and wine cellar
- Conference and function facilities, including boardroom
- Parking for 177 vehicles, the majority in basements to reduce hardstand footprint
- Onsite turning for larger vehicles
- General Manager’s residence
- Caretaker’s residence
- Administration facilities including staff training facilities
- 24-hour room service
- Kids Club Crèche
- Cookery School
- Chauffeur Service
- Tesla electric vehicle fleet for complimentary guest usage
- Services building